The festive season is only a few months away, and I feel excited. We can all agree that there is more to look forward to this Christmas, such as the thrill of shopping for new outfits to accommodate upcoming social events and engagements. High street fashion never disappoints in affordability and catwalk inspiration, though it sometimes does not offer the best quality. Dressing well on a budget involves smart shopping and creative styling. Here are five tips on how to get the most out of your wardrobe:
(1) Declutter your wardrobe before you splurge. The whole point of a wardrobe detox is to remove items that no longer serve a purpose or have lost their appeal. Avoid purchasing poorly designed items of clothing. Like a true friendship, look for quality to keep that often brings longevity.
(2) Learn how to style an outfit to create a chic look. Combine different styles, which could include high street and designer fashion at a discount price. There is no golden rule for dressing, but treat your signature style like your canvas and enhance it with colour, print, and detail splashes. My signature look, for example, is a tailored jacket which I often team with a statement bag and colourful accessories. What is more, pairing a designer bag with a high-street outfit makes for a more eclectic combination.
(3) Take pride in your clothes and most prized possessions by organising them into colour and style categories. Suit carrier bags protect your clothing, and “hanger appeal” depends on the type of hangers used to keep your outfits looking neat at all times. The kinder you treat your clothes, the longer they will last. You will save more money in the long run.
(4) Pay attention to fit, which makes all the difference to an outfit. No matter the price tag, ill-fitting clothing is a fashion faux-pas. It is essential to know your body type and measurements; otherwise, you may look like a ‘clown’ rather than a style veteran. Furthermore, your style reflects your internal monologue. When you dress with style and confidence, you feel equally self-confident.
(5) The most alluring outfits tend to be minimalist with a clean finish. Subtle detail has an impact. The lady in red or black and the distinguished gentleman will remain forever classic owing to the elegance of style.
Here are ten evening dresses from the high-street: classy, fashionable and perfect for the festive season. The right dress will immediately resonate with those who know their style. Think bold and beautiful whether or not you are shopping on a budget.
2. TK Maxx Leopard Print Dress
3. TK Maxx Plum Sleeve Shoulder Dress
4. TK Maxx Silver & Gold Sequin Bandeau dress
5. TK Maxx Pastel Maxi Dress
6. TK Maxx Metallic One Shoulder Dress
7. PLT Red Croc Printed Mesh Dress
8. River Island Animal Sequin Dress
9. River Island Orange Blazer Dress
10. River Island Bow Dress
Written by @styleiconnat | Images PR Shots